Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest-growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
The role of the Product Owner is to adopt business initiatives ensuring requirements are elicited, captured, and delivered within agreed frameworks and methodologies.
Data is at the heart of everything we do, and you’ll work with key stakeholders to create effective solutions that fit the user’s need whilst tailoring your message to different people using evidence to explain the justification of key decisions.
Wejo is the global leader in autonomous, electric, and connected vehicle data and our products and services are continually being reviewed and enhanced to ensure we meet our customers’ needs and aspirations.
As our portfolio of products and services grow, you’ll be deployed to ensure that relevant problem statements and success criteria are clearly articulated and progress to requirements gathering where you’ll be accountable for ensuring requirements are captured within epics and demonstratable user stories for our internal development teams.
In addition, we are continually monitoring our ways of working across different geographies and multifunctional departments resulting in the opportunity to capture as-is business processes, identifying bottlenecks, and streamlining handovers and functions across the business where possible.
This also often leads to business cases for software procurement which will streamline existing processes across our global business.
A prerequisite for everyone working in Wejo is a high level of personal resilience and the ability to manage changing priorities and complexity well.
Key Responsibilities – what I do mostly
- Adopt business initiatives including process improvement, software procurement, enhancements to existing products and services and, the delivery new products and services.
- Ensure each adopted business initiative has a clear ‘pitch’ detailing the problem statement, success criteria, acceptance criteria and future benefit realisation criteria.
- Work with key stakeholders to elicit and agree epics and demonstrable user stories.
- Collaborate with internal development teams to ensure user stories can be estimated and that their functionality is demonstrable.
- Host demonstrations of delivered initiatives ensuring key stakeholder’s feedback is captured and added to the development backlog.
Other Responsibilities – what I will be doing sometimes
- From time to time, there may be opportunities to elicit requirements directly from both our ingress partners, including Tier 1 OEMs, and our egress customers, including global and government departments for transport.
- We will also look to our team members to supply SME levels of support for products and services introducing innovative ideas which enrich existing products and services for our partners and customers.
Essential Skills / Knowledge & Experience – what I need to do the job
- A minimum of five years of relevant product owner and business analyst experience.
- Understanding of multiple change and analytic methodologies and approaches (e.g., SAFe Agile, waterfall and others)
- Good consultative skills.
- Excellent communication both verbal and written.
- Good prioritisation skills
- Strong analytical and thinking skills.
- Excellent experience of as-is to be process mapping.
- Presentation of status reports
Desirable – What can help me succeed
- Experience of working with big data
- History of supporting enterprise level customers
- Product ownership and SME ability
- Knowledge of behaviour driven development requirements gathering such as Gherkin
- Confident in requirements gathering tools such as Confluence and JIRA Cloud