Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
As AVP of Channel Sales, you will be working as a leader to develop some of our most strategic relationships. You will seek unique opportunities to partner with likeminded businesses who are leading within the industry to ensure the highest value is driven through the best distribution opportunities.
A prerequisite for everyone working in Wejo is a high level of personal resilience and the ability to manage changing priorities and complexity well.
Key Responsibilities – what I do mostly
• You will be a leader within the Channel Sales team, identifying both existing and new markets for the use of automotive data
• You will be responsible for identifying and onboarding new channel partnerships as well as managing existing ones, to create new revenue streams
• You will support your VP on overall sales strategy, cost optimization, and disciplined process management (pipeline review, asset management, demo sales achievement, etc.)
• You may lead one or more Business Development Managers to deliver best in class customer service to our channel partners, and to ensure sales opportunities are optimised
• Ensure optimum sales coverage through partner sales resources and different routes to markets
• Provide support to and build strong and trusted relationships with our channel partners across sales and any other key department stakeholders
• Assist channel partners in qualifying and responding to tenders
• You will be responsible for managing the most strategic partnerships within the data sales marketplaces, across multiple geographies and industries
• Evangelise services and capabilities to both existing and potential partners
• Input ideas and help to execute channel activities and incentives to grow our footprint & pipeline with channel partners
• Support channel partners with marketing, sales enablement, and training activities
• Build relationships and manage internal resources to ensure we service our channel partners, aligning the correct resource at the right time, supporting Channel success
• Continually develop your knowledge of industry and capability and offerings
• Support development of a best-in-class culture
• Coach and support sales team members and leadership in developing key and/or difficult account opportunities.
• Develops the consultative, solution selling capability to develop compelling business cases to differentiate and highlight the value of our unique data proposition
• You will be responsible for relaying opportunities to our product team cross vertically to create new products and propositions for the channel partners
• Build and execute on sales strategies at both account and country level
• Validate the client workflow and engage the appropriate sales team and technical resources where necessary
• Frequent client and prospect interaction through sales calls and regular onsite visits
• Maintain strong product knowledge of the full Technical Solutions suite, its integration points and competitor/3rd party offerings
• Acquire knowledge of Customer technology stacks and workflows
Other Responsibilities – what I will be doing sometimes
• Leading recommendations for OEM onboarding based on market opportunities
• Acting VP during periods of annual leave or absence
Essential Skills / Knowledge & Experience – what I need to do the job
• Experience in Data Sales
• Experience in Account and Channel sales
• In depth understanding of our Customers, Products and Proposition
• 2+ years’ experience in a leadership/people management role