Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
Job Purpose Summary
This Counsel’s role is part of the legal team that: (a) supports the company’s mergers and acquisitions; (b) supports the operations activities of our organization, and (c) otherwise assists the General Counsel as necessary. Counsel will support mergers and acquisition strategy and execution of that strategy, as necessary, including advising on, drafting, and negotiating necessary contracts. Counsel will also work with the business teams to resolve legal challenges in support of business goals and work with the Privacy and Compliance teams to support the company’s compliance with laws and regulations.
The business utilizes connected vehicle data to create new and innovative data products that advance road transportation safety and improve the experience in and around motor vehicles. The business involves licensing data from automotive OEMs, and turning that data into products licensed by the business. The business operationalizes large data processing capabilities in cloud platforms and currently offers services in the US, Europe and Asia. Counsel responsibilities include:
- Responsibility as point of contact for advising the business team working on mergers and acquisitions
- Assisting as required on any joint venture and related activities by the business
- Responsibility for the provision and delivery of legal services to the business
- Responsibility for obtaining specialist legal advice from external legal advisors when required
- Advising on, drafting, and negotiating contractual agreements with suppliers and customers
- Provision of legal training to the business employees
- Assist the legal operations team and the Assistant General Counsel on addressing evolving legal challenges.
- Qualified Solicitor in England
- Experience working on M&A transactions
- Ability to communicate and work with people at all levels in the organization
- Practical and pragmatic approach
- Attention to detail and an organized approach to the work involved
- An excellent presenter with the confidence to relay information to internal and external parties
- Having tact and diplomacy in handling and disseminating confidential information and comfortable dealing with contentious issues
- Able to produce accurate and high-quality information
- Proactive with the ability to see the bigger picture
- Ability to consider issues from a number of different perspectives
- Commercial law experience
- Contract drafting experience
- Corporate law experience
- Having worked in house would be advantageous
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
- Team player who brings positive collegiality to the legal team
Equal Opportunity Employer: Wejo is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. We are actively working to be an anti-racist organization. We're committing to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all of our employees. You can read more about our commitment to DEI here.