Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
Our commercial function focuses on growing new revenue through strategic, relationship-based selling. Our mentality is the educate current and prospective customers on the value of wejo's ground-breaking products. If you love a strategic, analytical sales process and working with a with the Government and Public sectors, selling Wejo’s products it will always keep you learning and growing.
We're looking for someone to join our commercial team, responsible for sales of batch and Real-Time data feeds within the Government and Public sectors. You'll work closely with clients and prospects to gain a clear understanding of their business needs, and provide consultative solutions to build stronger relationships, developing products and propositions.
Business Development Manager
- Drive new and existing business opportunities with Government entities along with providers of solutions and services to this sector
- Build and execute on sales strategies at both account and country level
- Effectively build a sales pipeline and accurately manage forecasts throughout the sales cycle
- Validate the client workflow and engage the appropriate sales team and technical resources where necessary
- Frequent client and prospect interaction through sales calls and onsite visits across the US
- Maintain strong product knowledge of the full Technical Solutions suite, its integration points and competitor/3rd party offerings
- Acquire knowledge of Customer technology stacks and workflows
- Based in the USA
- Experience selling data or digital transportation solutions/services to state and/or local governments
- Background working in government transportation departments
- Understanding of traffic and mobility data, insights and application
- Skilled in establishing, developing and maintain key relationships within strategic accounts, including senior client relationships
- Ability to work within a collaborative environment to achieve results
- Familiarity with real-time market data feeds and market data distribution platforms is desirable
- Willingness for regular business travel (when possible)
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now!