Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
This role will be working within the Wejo IT Operations team on various disciplines focusing on our corporate infrastructure estate. The team has a varied set of responsibilities, providing support, guidance, and technical expertise necessary to resolve escalated issues according to defined procedures.
As our infrastructure engineer, you will ensure the continuity of services and deployment of robust, flexible technical solutions in accordance with business requirements and solution designs, coaching and educating service user base where necessary. To act as the ‘SME’ for adopted Enterprise and SaaS based Applications and platforms while ensuring we maintain a first in class security across the whole estate.
With solid technical background you will be expected to work on delivery of technical projects from analysis through to the implementation.
As Wejo continues to grow, we are seeing more demand for innovative and challenging solutions. This role will be a key member of the team to help us deliver these projects, supporting our increased headcount and integrating with partner technology.
A prerequisite for everyone working in Wejo is a prominent level of resilience and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and complexity.
Key Responsibilities – what I do mostly
- Assist the team in responding to incidents in accordance with Incident Management process
- Configure, deploy, maintain and support Unified Endpoint Management tools focussing on user experience
- Proactively promote suggestion to improve the current process or working practice to help remove redundant or over-engineered procedures and undertake constant analysis on cost saving opportunities
- Planning and implementation of changes to the live system, ensuring that system changes are deployed with confidence and minimal organisational impact and ensure alignment to Information Security policies
- Configuring, managing, and maintaining Azure AD and its associated features; in-particular Roles, Enterprise Applications, App Registrations, Conditional Access, and Licensing
- Work with key stakeholders from other areas of the business such as the financial, commercial, sales, service delivery and information security teams to fully understand business functionality, blockers, and recommend areas for improvement
- Document, maintain and update policies, procedures, and controls for Infrastructure operations and service onboarding
- Other Responsibilities – what I will be doing sometimes
- Administrative support, including troubleshooting, implementing bug fixes and root cause analysis
- Resolution and escalation of internal issues escalated from 1st and 2nd line support
Essential Skills / Knowledge & Experience – what I need to do the job
- Cloud based management and administration (Azure, AWS)
- Microsoft 365 suite administration
- MDM, Endpoint Management tool, Autopilot and Jamf
- PowerShell scripting for configuration, automation and support
- Security tooling and framework experience
- IT Service Management tools (ServiceNow, Jira)
- Working with varied SaaS Enterprise Applications
- Good understanding of Networking (Firewall, Routing, Switching, Wireless)
- Strong analytical skills to identify possible problems and improvement opportunities with ability to meet deadlines
- Adaptability and flexibility
- A probing and analytical approach with the ability to pre-empt potential problems and identify inefficiencies
- Understand critical IT measures & systems and how they contribute to business goals and objectives