Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
We are looking for a highly-skilled front-end engineer to work on brand new products within our new Wejo Studio platform and to work on the Studio platform itself. This will be a great role for someone who values working with product teams to help shape an idea through to building high quality, technically complex, and visually interesting solutions.
Key Responsibilities – what I do mostly
- Working closely with product and design to help shape what we’re building, and to assess the feasibility of proposed solutions with guidance on the required effort
- Setting and maintaining high coding standards throughout the team through industry-wide best practices
- Communicating solutions and progress to key business stakeholders
- Mentoring more junior members of the team, and encouraging an environment of learning
- Balancing the demands of a fast-paced business with engineering requirements such as limiting technical debt
Other Responsibilities – what I will be doing sometimes
- Identifying the best tool or libraries to use
- Documenting user guides for any new tooling/features
Essential Skills / Knowledge & Experience – what I need to do the job
- Experience using React
- Comfortable tacking complicated problems, and guiding a team through solving them
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills