Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
The role of the Reward Specialist is to act as an SME within the HR team. Providing advice, support and expertise on all things reward related to both the HR team and the wider business. The role will be responsible for planning, implementing, and reviewing the reward package for Wejo, ensuring the business remains competitive in our market and we deliver a truly great experience for employees.
Key Responsibilities – what I do mostly
- Responsible for shaping a total reward framework which attracts, develops, engages and retains talent in the organisation
- Review, monitor and evolve the reward related policies and procedures ensuring they are fully embedded in the business
- Support the CPO with preparations and actions arising from the quarterly compensation committee
- Work closely with Finance and the business to ensure any incentive and commission plans are in place, clearly communicated and managed in line with the scheme principles
- Work collaboratively with recruitment to provide appropriate salary benchmarking information for UK and international hires (primarily UK and US based hires)
- Review and maintain the job family framework, ensuring it is fit for purpose and enables clear progression and a foundation to support growth in wejo
- Work closely with Finance, Legal, Tax and HR Shared Services to deliver the share equity schemes to eligible colleagues
- Manage external reward partners / suppliers and broker renewals where appropriate
- Provide coaching and advise on reward related matters to members of the HR team and wider business
- Ensure reward legislation is met (e.g. pay, pensions and gender pay gap reporting)
Other Responsibilities – what I will be doing sometimes
- Support wider HR initiatives aimed at creating a great place to work
- Work on projects as required as part of specific strategic activities
Essential Skills / Knowledge & Experience – what I need to do the job
- Solid background in Reward & Benefits role,
- An understanding of employment law impacting on reward
- Expertise in design and implementing incentive/ bonus schemes
- Managing and designing benefit packages
- Ideally some experience of supporting reward on an international basis
- Strong excel skills
- Able to successfully move between research, planning and executing activities.
- This is a stand-alone, SME role so the ability to be a self starter, who is organized, can communicate clearly and a capable problem solver.