Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
As member of the Wejo Product Management team, you’ll have the opportunity to develop and deploy tomorrow’s transportation software products and services and revolutionise the industry in the process. Autonomous, electric and connected vehicle data is transforming the way we live, work and travel. Wejo is at the forefront of this data explosion, offerings products that benefit peoples’ lives and power innovations
This role within the organisation will require the successful candidate to lead and work closely with their peers in Product Function in the development of Wejo products, and coordinate related activities across multiple functions, such as sales, pricing, legal and engineering functions.
A prerequisite for everyone working in Wejo is a high level of personal resilience and the ability to manage changing priorities and complexity well.
This is an initial 3 month contract.
In this role you will;
- Have full ownership of products in your area, taking a holistic view of the product through its lifecycle
- Define and communicate the product vision and roadmap, continually keeping the customer at the heart of what you do
- Champion and incorporate data, research and market analysis to inform product strategies and roadmaps
- Provide meaningful, relevant communication, demonstrating control, including the ability to build plans, focus with outcome, quickly identifying critical paths and risks, providing balanced options
- Interfacing with technology, engineering teams, acting as the voice of the customer, whilst managing prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience and time to market
- Collaborate closely with product marketing and sales functions to define and measure metrics that inform the success of products
- Supporting activities in terms of pricing and revenue as appropriate, understanding key factors such as cost of ownership and profitability
- Ensuring stakeholders are informed and aligned with your direction. You will be the bridge between sales, finance, marketing, legal and the product
Knowledge & Experience – what you will need;
- Bachelor's Degree
- Multiple years experience in product management, product development or business consulting
- Proven track record of shipping ML based products with proven business value
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, evaluate outcomes and challenge conventional wisdom.
- A history of translating customer insights into recommendations and compelling value propositions that love to act on
- You will have clear leadership qualities, working pro-actively with others towards a goal, with ability to navigate both internal and external hurdles through change and risk, whilst keeping necessary momentum and trust
- Resilient, dynamic and capable of taking decision in a fast-evolving environment, whilst working as part of a dispersed, cross-cultural team
- Bold with brilliant communication style. The ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will be confident presenting new products and write engaging copy with strong capabilities in effectively positioning and promoting products and services
- Exemplorary written and verbal communications across technical and non-technical stakeholders and experience presenting to very senior executives
- Responsible, with a proven track record of developing the right products at the right time
Knowledge & Experience – it would be beneficial if you had;
- Experience as Product Manager or contributor in ADAS/AD applications
- Background in automotive industry (OEM, tier I-II)