Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
The Bid Management team assists Wejo’s sales orgsanisation by providing opportunity planning and management support, including management of RFX responses as well as development of proposals for unsolicited sales engagements.
The Proposal Specialist will be a significant player in shaping the future of the role. All team members must be able to effectively perform the tasks associated with their primary role and supportive of other team members as necessary. All team members are expected to support department and organizational initiatives as applicable to their role/experience.
The successful candidate must have the aptitude and motivation to learn and adapt quickly to new processes and technologies and the ability to work in a self-driven manner in a fast-paced environment. They will not only demonstrate strong communication skills, but also have the ability to work independently, consistently demonstrate intelligence, motivation, and drive.
Be expected to exercise highly-skilled competencies relating to mining, validating, and use of reusable proposal content. The ability to edit/repurpose collateral originally developed for other purposes into quality reusable proposal content.
Proposal Specialists are responsible for many of the administrative aspects of proposal and content development including ensuring the security and integrity of all proposal deliverables, coordinating internal flows and reviews of all proposal content, coordinating schedules, and managing/supporting finalization and production efforts.
With responsibility across multiple, concurrent bids, this position is characterized by shifting priorities, stringent deadlines, last minute requirements, and successful accomplishment of proposal management tasks within non-negotiable client deadlines. The Proposal Specialist must be capable of handling a large workload with strict deadlines and time demands and must be responsive to changing schedules and deal scope.
The Proposal Specialist will work with other Bid Management team members, client-facing sales professionals and solution experts, as well as other resources across Wejo worldwide, to support the successful growth of our business.
• Consistently produce high-quality proposals, deliverables and outcomes
• Oversee/support collaborative development/acquisition of all information/deliverables necessary to develop final RFP responses and unsolicited proposals
• Work with content management, product teams, solution consultants, sales, and subject matter experts (SMEs), to ensure accurate, current, and reusable content is available to support the development of high-quality proposals
• Possess, consistently use strong written/verbal skills, strong business acumen, and effective problem-solving capabilities
• Demonstrate strong attention to detail
• Work with/manage virtual resources efficiently e.g. task prioritization, and timely completion of assignments
• Oversee final proposal production and submission activities
• Adhere to quality excellence models and Wejo’s visual identity and trademark guidelines
• Support content validation, maintaining, and ongoing content management processes
• Support department and organizational initiatives including continuous improvement of process and business efficiencies
• Become knowledgeable in the business objectives, offerings, and value propositions of Wejo, our prospects, and our competitors
• Continuously increase skills/knowledge/ experience of and with the Bid Management Practice support tools and processes
Candidate Qualifications, Education, Experience
• A minimum of two years’ relative/transferable experience
• Must possess excellent communication, writing, and editing skills
• Must be able to develop relationships and drive alignment with sales, cross-functional teams, and multiple stakeholders
• Ability to work closely with others across all organizations within Wejo to gather, synthesize, and incorporate information into written client-facing documentation
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new processes, software, and other tools used with the department and organization
• Understanding of content governance guidelines
• Highly Skilled in the use of Microsoft® Teams, O365, Word, SharePoint, and Excel
• Demonstrable related career experience and proven track-record is required