Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
Responsible for defining and evolving Wejo’s data platform in alignment with Wejo’s product strategy. Working with the Head of Engineering the Head of Data Platform will steer the implementation of platform features, ensuring they are architecturally sound and meet the requirements of the business.
Wejo ingests massive amounts of data from multiple sources, and having a high performing, reliable and robust data platform to enrich, transform, aggregate and cleanse data so we can maximise the value to partners, is a core strategic pillar.
Key Responsibilities – what I do mostly
- Own the technical architecture, design, and implementation of Wejo’s DataPlatform
- Lead engineering team to develop high performing, robust and scalable data platform to turn Pb scale data into products and capabilities
- Propose, agree, publish the Data Platform Roadmap factoring in technical considerations, cost, product, commercial, etc
- Steer investment into the platform, ensuring engineering understand the work and the approach to be taken
- Investigate technology options when extending the platform
- Provide technical leadership to teams working on new platform features
- Work with the Head of Infrastructure to ensure the platform has an appropriate cost
- Ensure data governance principles are baked into the platform to support Wejo’s data growth
- Work with key stakeholders to understand priorities
- Ensuring internal and external communications are clear and relevant
- Keeping stakeholders informed as to progress against priorities
- Encourage and inspire the team to continually improve
- Foster a culture of openness and mutual success
- Ensure failures and mistakes are treated as a learning opportunity
Other Responsibilities – what I will be doing sometimes
- Feed into strategic planning cycle to agree platform evolution
- C-suite presentations and communications
- Out of hours escalation
- Customer facing consultancy
Essential Skills / Knowledge & Experience – what I need to do the job
- Deep understanding of Big Data technology stack
- Experience leading and growing a technical function
- Experience of working with geospatial and temporal data
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Calm under pressure
Equal Opportunity Employer: Wejo is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. We are actively working to be an anti-racist organization. We're committing to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all of our employees. You can read more about our commitment to DEI here.