Data Analytics Engineer - Remote
Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value.
Here's a little glimpse into our world: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CErDfyoQ1Bs
A day in the life of a Data Analytics Engineer at Wejo
As a Data Analytics Engineer at Wejo you will be working with Big Data, with over 11 million cars globally we collect data for more than 44 billion journeys every day! A core part of your role will be to discover new techniques for drawing meaningful insights from connected car data for real-life applications.
At Wejo, we’re turning that data into insights & intelligence products. As a Data Analytics Engineer you will be:
- Working with a rich, highly granular dataset of driver behaviours across the world
- Turning product ideas into insight products via code, in a scaleable & repeatable way
- Tackling cutting-edge analytical challenges with a high-calibre team, and across multiple business functions, including Data Science, Engineering, Product, Solutions Consulting, to name a few!
- Demonstrating feasibility of an idea with simplistic, but accurate, prototypes based on real driver behaviours
- Unearthing & integrating new datasets to complement the data we already have
We know that working together and listening to each other is what makes us strong, so in this role we want to hear your ideas of new data structures and new methodologies we can implement to further improve the way we derive value from our connected car data.
Key tools in our arsenal:
- Python (esp. pandas, pyspark, geopandas)
- Any BI/Visualisation tool (bonus)
We know our tech stack is unique, and as we always like to say it's all about the journey. You don't need you to be an expert in all of these right now, but to have a combination of them and along with the right attitude we will help get you there by upskill and cross training you into the new and emerging technologies that we use.
Important to have
- A head for logic
- A problem solving mindset
Nice to have
- Experience working with geospatial data
- Experience managing data ingestion and processing operations
- Experience with presenting analytical insights to non-technical audiences
Wejo’s head office is based in Manchester, England. We are offering flexible working from home. So if you want to be at home 100% of the time you can. We are a flexible business in how we work and where we work!