Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
The Bid Management Bid Practice assists Wejo’s sales orgsanisation by providing opportunity planning/management support, including management of RFX responses as well as development of strategic proposals for unsolicited sales engagements.
Passionate Bid Administrator will be significant player in driving the department as well as their own career path. All team members must be able to effectively perform the tasks associated with their primary role and supportive of other team members as necessary. All team members are expected to support department and organizational initiatives as applicable to their role/experience.
The successful candidate must have the aptitude and motivation to learn and adapt quickly to new processes and technologies and the ability to work in a self-driven manner in a fast-paced environment. They will not only demonstrate strong communication skills, but also can work independently, consistently demonstrate intelligence, motivation, and drive.
Bid Administrators are responsible for many of the administrative aspects sourcing and identifying big opportunities and coordinating internal flows and reviews of all potential bid to purse.
The Bid Administrators will work with the Public Sector sales team, Bid Management with the Bid Practice team members helping to drive commercial success of Wejo.
Key Responsibilities – what I do mostly
- Search for tender opportunities within the Government, Public and Civil Engineering bid opportunities within the USA and Europe (USA focused)
- Adhere to, demonstrate, and continuously grow knowledge/experience of proposal industry standards and best practices
- Demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Possess, consistently use strong written/verbal skills, strong business acumen, and effective problem-solving capabilities
- Manage External Tender portals
- Assist with document compliance
- Completion of pre-qualification questionnaires
- Completion of supplier forms
- Ensure that standard bid materials, policy documents and procedures are current
- Support department and organizational initiatives including continuous improvement of process and business efficiencies
- Keep Senior Management up to date with the relevant tender actions and milestones
- Become knowledgeable in the business objectives, offerings, and value propositions of Wejo, our prospects, and our competitors
Essential Skills / Knowledge & Experience – what I need to do the job
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new processes, software, and other tools used with the department and organization
- Experience with Government procurement portals and sources bids
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work simultaneously
- Effective problem solving skills
- Level of education: Degree Educated desirable
- 2 years administrational experience desirable
- Working Knowledge of Salesforce Service Cloud and other CRM tool would be an advantage
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft® Teams, O365, Word, SharePoint, and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; demonstrable related career experience and proven track-record is acceptable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Wejo is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. We are actively working to be an anti-racist organization. We're committing to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all of our employees. You can read more about our commitment to DEI here.