Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
As a Director, Global Alliances, you will be responsible for the success of our relationships with strategic partners. You will strengthen the ongoing relationships with strategic partnerships by ensuring open communication channels, clarity of goals and objectives, and ongoing delivery of commitments in the partnership. You will serve as the primary point of contact in assigned partnerships and collaborate internally and externally to understand and address barriers and challenges to bridge gaps between teams. You will also help drive negotiations between internal and external teams and advocate on Wejo’s behalf to ensure partnerships support the broader corporate strategy.
Key Responsibilities – what I do mostly
- Engage with strategic partners to develop a shared vision of the future and understand the gaps from where we are today
- Establish commitment to a shared vision for key partnerships by ensuring the right stakeholders are involved at the right times
- Conduct workshops to identify opportunities to maximize the value of strategic partnerships
- Define and align the organization to partnership objectives and the associated, strategies and tactics that will be used to achieve them, including the contractual terms of the relationship
- Proactively monitor and manage the health of strategic partnerships to ensure the strength of the relationships and ongoing mutual business benefits
- Build and maintain relationships internally to influence and advance strategic goals and capitalize on opportunities with speed and agility.
Other Responsibilities – what I will be doing sometimes
- Support the broader day-to-day activities of the Strategy & Innovation team, including facilitating workshops, providing input to strategy, sharing observations & feedback, etc.
Essential Skills / Knowledge & Experience – what I need to do the job
- 5+ years’ experience in business planning, strategy, or operational roles.
- Strong, demonstrable ability in influencing teams with indirect reporting structures to achieve ambitious goals that require cross-functional collaboration.
- History working across newly formed and well-established organisations, including both start up and traditional corporate culture environments.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills with the ability manage/influence stakeholders with various degrees of tenure, expertise, and specialization.
- Experience in big data insights/analytics, technology, financial services/fintech, insurance, media/advertising, public policy/transportation, or automotive desired.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Wejo is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. We are actively working to be an anti-racist organization. We're committing to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all of our employees. You can read more about our commitment to DEI here.