Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
This role will form part of a new Enterprise Application Team Wejo are creating to meet the increased demand from the business as we continue to grow. The Enterprise Application Team will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of each enterprise application employed by Wejo. Including initial assessments and recommendations, onboarding, configuration, continuous service improvement, development, and administration support. The team will focus on key applications critical to our continued success.
This role will be our Applications Support Engineer and will play a pivotal role in the success of the business through the ownership of our enterprise application catalogue. The Applications Support Engineer will be responsible for administering and supporting all our applications. Some key duties will be to assess our current applications and their usage to identify improvements and possible decommissioning or migration paths to more suited platforms.
Along with our existing applications there are several enterprise applications due to be onboarded in the coming months. This role will be required to align across all these projects and upskill in the various applications to ensure the team and support teams have a high level of knowledge and documented processes.
There are also a number of legacy applications which this role will take ownership of then plan and implement migrations from on premise to cloud based platforms.
A prerequisite for everyone working in Wejo is a high level of personal resilience and the ability to manage changing priorities and complexity well.
Key Responsibilities – what I do mostly
- End to end ownership of the enterprise applications used throughout the business
- Experience of supporting and managing various enterprise applications. Must be very knowledgeable on a diverse set of applications to provide support from design through to fielding support issues
- Knowledge of CRM, ERP, marketing, and technology-based applications. Some of these include Salesforce, Workday, Pipedrive, HubSpot, Confluence and JIRA
- Application subject matter expert to provide technical guidance to both business & IT colleagues
- Align with finance commercial, sales, and project teams to understand business requirements and deliver on them
- Work with key stakeholders such as the financial, commercial, sales, IT and information security, teams to fully understand business functionality, blockers, and recommend areas for improvement
- Create cost-effective technical solutions to address business needs through requirements gathering, design and implementation
- Continual service improvement through constant analysis of our enterprise applications catalogue
- Planning of changes to the live system, ensuring that system changes are deployed in an efficient and safe manner
- Document, maintain and update policies, procedures, and controls for the operation of our applications
Other Responsibilities – what I will be doing sometimes
- Administrative support, including support via troubleshooting, implementing bug fixes and root cause analysis
- Resolution and escalation of application related incidents and risks via the service desk
Essential Skills / Knowledge & Experience – what I need to do the job
- Very commercially aware
- Experience of supporting Salesforce, Workday, HubSpot, Pipedrive, JIRA and Confluence
- Experience of cloud-based providers such as Azure and AWS
- Strong analytical skills to identify deficiencies and recommendations
- Excellent technical skills and a good knowledge of applications from other areas
- A strong communicator - Confident when liaising with internal stakeholders on a 1-2-1 and group basis
- Ability to meet deadlines with a strong attention detail and accuracy
- Adaptability and flexibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Wejo is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. We are actively working to be an anti-racist organization. We're committing to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all of our employees. You can read more about our commitment to DEI here.