Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
The purpose of the data engineer is to build and maintain Wejo’s data platforms and products including both stream and batch processing systems. The data engineer is accountable for designing and developing complex data processing products.
- Engineering the Company data platforms for scale, performance, reliability and security.
- Work with other members of the Data Engineering team to design, estimate and build big data streaming capabilities.
- Work with the product owners and business analysts in analysing business requirements to design and implement data processing pipelines, associated data and database structures and fine tune performance to meet those requirements.
- Review new external data sets and open data sources to understand potential usage.
- Work with Infrastructure and DevOps teams to release and maintain live products.
- Design, Implement & Test all data processing systems.
- Participate in establishing processes and best practices around development standards, version control, quality control, deployment, maintenance and change management.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a B.Sc. Hons in computer science/mathematics related degree or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of experience in the field of big data engineering.
- Strong experience with Hadoop and Spark.
- Experience with Java, Scala or Python (ideally Scala)
- Experience working with an Agile environment
- Experience Managing Data ingestion and processing operations
- Experience with SQL query engines. E.g. Hive, Impala or Presto.
- Experience setting up build pipelines. E.g. Git, Jenkins and Nexus.
- Experience with cloud computing environments. E.g. AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience developing stream-processing systems. E.g. Kafka, Spark streaming, Storm or Flink.
- Experience with data modelling and data warehousing. E.g. Postgres, Redshift.
- Experience with other NoSQL technologies. E.g. Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis or Ignite.
If this sounds like the role for you, please apply now!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Wejo is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. We are actively working to be an anti-racist organization. We're committing to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all of our employees. You can read more about our commitment to DEI here.