Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
Reporting to the SVP Product Management, the candidate will be accountable for defining and delivering automotive data product and/or user experiences that wejo customers will love,
This role within the organization and will require the successful candidate to lead and work closely with their peers in Product function in the development of wejo products and co-ordinate related activities across multiple functions such as sales, pricing, legal and engineering functions.
A prerequisite for everyone working in Wejo is passion, a self-driven, high level of personal resilience and the ability to manage to change workload and priorities.
Key Responsibilities – what I do mostly
• The Product Manager, depending on level, will be responsible for a specific product or entire catalog, an application or service.
• You will be responsible for the full lifecycle. That means developing coherent roadmaps from idea, through concepts, into the design and ultimately shipping in line with Business, Sales & Marketing strategies to support our rapid expansion in 2021
• Ensuring a clear understanding of our target audiences & personas, how a product fits in each market sector vs competitor, and keeping to date with industry trends
• Define and own user journey for a specific product but also in a wider context, continually keeping the customer at the heart of what they do.
• Collaborate closely with product marketing and sales functions to measure the performance of products and services to understand if addressing our customers key problems and challenges
• Interfacing with Technology, Engineering teams to define and set feature priorities and assure quality and timeliness of releases
• Ensuring each release is successfully launched to customers through co-ordination with the associated Marketing department.
• Supporting activities in terms of pricing and revenue, as appropriate, understanding key factors such as cost of ownership and profitability.
• Work closely with teams across the business to effectively communicate the vision and value of the Wejo product suite, where appropriate supporting training customer-facing teams on messaging & optimal use of content & materials
• Ensuring the effectiveness of any product is scalable by considering all operational procedures that facilitate the sales and onboarding process, but also those required for a smooth-running once in operation
• Develop a deep understanding of data sourcing and understand the key data characteristics that drive value as well as barriers, within key sectors and across multiple territories,
• Provide meaningful, relevant communication demonstrating control, including able to build plans, focus with outcome, quickly identifying critical paths and risks, providing balanced options
Other Responsibilities – what I will be doing sometimes
• Working with the Product & Sales team in driving Wejo forward and exploring new channels, new products, new markets.
• Using expertise and knowledge to across the business to get the job done, whatever that might be
• Supporting strategy/strategic activity on behalf of the senior leadership team acting as an SME in our products
• Supporting wider teams in their own initiatives to enable wejo to move forward towards against wider business strategy.
• Performing and supporting necessary Research and Development, where necessary, to ensure ready for emerging trends as they occur.
Essential Skills / Knowledge & Experience – what I need to do the job
• You will be an experienced Product professional who is able to clearly demonstrate translating complex concepts and technologies into compelling value propositions • You will have significant background in relevant industry sectors and topics, across differing domains, and channels
• You will have experience in working for similar organization and companies with similar ethos and approach.
• You will have clear leadership qualities, working pro-actively with others towards a goal, with ability to navigate both internal and external hurdles through change and risk, whilst keeping necessary momentum and trust.
• You will have eye for detail
• You will have delivered against various techniques and frameworks in course of employment and understand strengths and weaknesses.
• You will have academic background and relevant industry certifications
• Resilient; Dynamic and capable of taking decisions in a fast-evolving environment whilst working as part of a dispersed, cross-cultural team
• Bold with brilliant communication style; The ability to speak and write to a high standard is crucial. You will be confident presenting new products and write engaging copy with strong capabilities in effectively positioning and promoting products and services.
• Collaborative; familiar with coordinating and managing stakeholders across a broad spectrum of departments and functions
• Analytical; Excellent research and analysis skills and methods, with a strong understanding/knowledge of tools and technology
• Responsible; with a proven track record of developing the right products at the right time.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Wejo is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. We are actively working to be an anti-racist organization. We're committing to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all of our employees. You can read more about our commitment to DEI here.