Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
The role of the DevOps Engineer is to support us with our hybrid-cloud transformation by extending our mission-critical AWS cloud infrastructure to Microsoft Azure. Automation and reliability are key to everything we do. This position is a unique opportunity to work with an experienced team on a greenfield project and cutting-edges Cloud technologies in a big data environment.
Key Responsibilities – what I do mostly
- Maintain and manage the different services and tools running on Wejo’s Azure cloud-based infrastructure.
- Work across teams with Developers, Data Engineers and Security Engineers to adapt existing DevOps tools and support them in managing, maintaining, streamlining and securing processes.
- Design and build CI/CD pipelines
- Optimise availability, performance and costs of our platform and services
- Get involved in the full process from onboarding OEM partners to delivering connected car data to customers
- Be responsible and drive the adoption of new and exciting technologies
Essential Technical Skills / Knowledge & Experience – what I need to do the job
- Experience in working with Azure (AKS, VMs, Blob Storage, Virtual Network, Azure DevOps Services)
- Familiar with automation tools and infrastructure as code, such as Terraform, Azure Resource Manager or Ansible
- Containers and orchestration are nothing new for you, specifically Docker and Kubernetes
- You have at least intermediate programming/scripting skills, e.g. Python, Bash, Powershell
- You know how to use the Linux cli and terms such as netstat and Isblk are no foreign words for you
Desirable – What can help me succeed
- Experience working with Kafka Services
- Experience with AWS is a bonus
- Relevant Cloud Certifications
- Knowledge and understanding of IT security processes and knowing how to implement the
- You are a team player, and your teams success means your success to you
- Sharing, communicating and helping are your strengths
- You are Open-minded and keen to learn new technologies
Location: Work flexibly remote from home or in our office in the heart of Manchester.
Learning & Growth: Grow personally and continuously learn in a fast-paced, challenging environment with regular feedback sessions and diverse training opportunities.
Take over responsibility from day one with a lot of room to experiment and learn.
Culture: Work agile and cross-team in an amicable environment. Your own creative ideas are welcomed and the impact you can make matters.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Wejo is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. We are actively working to be an anti-racist organization. We're committing to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all of our employees. You can read more about our commitment to DEI here.