Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
VP Business Development - Automotive / OEM
As our OEM partnerships and marketplace customers increase, we’re looking for a highly motivated and dedicated individual to join us in targeting new business opportunities. You will work closely with leaders across the business in Sales, Technology, Product and Marketing to increase the volume and value of our OEM partnerships. As VP of Automotive Business Development, you will be focusing on the short-, medium-, and long-term interests of the business in support of the growth of our market share and profitable revenue.
You'll have a deep understanding of the Automotive (OEM) Industry, the flow of real-time Automotive data, its attributes and its use cases. You will be expected to bring with you a network of potential OEM partners and seek new partnerships across our global markets to position Wejo as the mobility data partner of choice.
A prerequisite for everyone working in Wejo is a high level of personal resilience and the ability to manage changing priorities and complexity well.
· Working closely with the Sales Leadership Team, build and define a Partnership Strategy that aligns and accelerates revenue growth target and maximises cohesion between ingress data and egress demands.
· Identify and establish partnership agreements with prioritised OEM partners covering contractual commitments, targets which are mutually beneficial and enable the best value data monetization.
· Establish partnership objectives by forecasting and developing annual targets by OEM and region, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
· Generate and maintain accurate Opportunity plans for automotive Partnerships.
· Develop a keen understanding of the commercial sales strategies, our value proposition, and technologies to collaborate with colleagues across the sales and product team to support the acquisition of revenue generating partnerships.
· Maintain strong knowledge of the connected car landscape, competitor movements, OEM development, product knowledge of the full Technical Solutions suite, its integration points and competitor/3rd party offerings and partnerships.
· Supporting the delivery of live OEM partner management strategy, heading up steering meetings and ensuring the retention, growth, and development of these accounts for mutual business benefit.
· Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
· Oversight of Ingress partnership contracts to ensure consistency and best value for Wejo.
· Using my expertise and knowledge to help in areas of the business that need support to get the job done, whatever that might be.
· Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
· Participate in industry events/organizations as thought leader and promote products/business solutions at conferences, forums, and seminars.
· Work collaboratively with the sales and marketing teams and fosters a culture of continuous process improvement.
· Analyse pipeline and lead data, deliver periodic reporting to the sales and marketing teams providing key business insights: typical reporting relates to, Target Account, Market Segmentation, Win/Loss
· Define current and potential business opportunities in the marketplace, suggest, request and champion the development of appropriate products to access profit streams.
Essential Skills / Knowledge & Experience
· Previous experience in multi-geography Automotive Partnership.
· In depth understanding of OEMs connected strategies
· Maintains strong knowledge and awareness of competing products/services.
· Familiarity with real-time market data feeds and market data distribution platforms is desirable.
· Proven ability of Partnership negotiation and management at senior level.
· Ability to work within a collaborative environment to achieve results across a broad stakeholder group.
· Proven success working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment managing multiple projects and work to tight deadlines.
· Strong communicator
· Skilled in establishing, developing and maintain key relationships, including senior client relationships.
· Solid knowledge of performance reporting and the budgeting processes
· Ability to prepare reports and use of appropriate mode of communication.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Wejo is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. We are actively working to be an anti-racist organization. We're committing to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all of our employees. You can read more about our commitment to DEI here.
ment to DEI here.