Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
The role of the Senior Data Quality Analyst is to support the Head of Analytics and other functions in the organisation in developing data quality frameworks within key business processes.
Wejo is an exciting and agile company at the forefront of driving value from connected car data. Our business lives and breathes because of its data and therefore we are able to offer the chance for dedicated professionals to make a long-lasting impact on the company and the industry and to gain unparalleled experience at the cutting edge of data services.
We are looking for an Senior Data Quality Analyst who is passionate about data and improving services. You will be implementing an Agile approach to Data Quality, that will both protect our customers and investors, but also allow us to respond rapidly in an ever changing market.
Wejo is committed to quality and in terms of data this is ensuring our data assets are managed to the highest level that enables us to offer amazing services to customers and allow Wejo to make the best decisions for our customers. It’s a unique opportunity to help define how best to manage our data assets and be part of a much wider ecosystem for data as part of an emerging industry.
- Advise and collaborate with all data stakeholders
- Define business quality rules and data quality metrics for critical data elements (CDEs)
- Define and build reports to monitor data quality against agreed rules
- Maintain data quality risk and issue logs & document and maintain data flows and models
- Produce monthly Data Quality Reports for OEMs, analysing trends and alerting any areas of concern
- Support the delivery of other BI requirements for the business through delivery of solutions using Wejo’s strategic BI tool of choice (currently Tableau)
- Monitor key KPIs on a daily basis and work with Service and Engineering where anomalies are identified
- Ensuring a professional image of the company and themselves is presented at all times.
Essential Skills / Knowledge & Experience
- Industry experience in a formal Data Quality role
- Experience delivering & embedding business quality rules and data quality metrics
- Experience in data quality management
- Ability to self-manage projects, effectively planning & delivering change
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Data Quality tools such as Collibra, Informatica
- Experience with BI Tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Excel
- Knowledge of data languages such as SQL essential
- Knowledge of other data languages e.g. Python, Scala desirable
- Ability to understand critical issues and bring appropriate resolution to complex issues
- Demonstrated work ethic, focus and self-discipline
- Ability to quickly develop rapport with team members
Equal Opportunity Employer: Wejo is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We consider all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply. We are actively working to be an anti-racist organization. We're committing to creating an inclusive and equitable workplace for all of our employees. You can read more about our commitment to DEI here.