BIG DATA SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT | Remote
Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
As a Solution Architect at Wejo you will be part of the Architecture Team helping guide the technology direction of the organisation. You will be working with our big data platform teams to lead the design and implementation of our next generation data solutions.
At Wejo, you will find yourself working with world leading blue chip automotive clients, wrangling petabyte-scale data.
Wejo is an organisation with a great cultural that maintains a start-up feel, where change, growth, scalability and innovation are abundant. It is an environment that will challenge you and help you grow by providing training opportunities and a supportive team.
This job is offered on a 100% remote basis with no requirement to come into the offices, however our HQ is in Manchester City Centre and is open if you find that you get your best work done in an office setting.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED AS A BIG DATA SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
- Designing big data solutions (kafka, spark etc)
- Strong experience with cloud providers (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- Strong Solution Architecture skills
- Experience eliciting and documenting business requirements
- Ability to translate business requirements into organic designs
- Stakeholder relationships, internal and external
- Experience with designing big data streaming architectures (kafka etc)
- Hands on development experience
- Previous Engineering background
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING AS A BIG DATA SOLUTIONS ARCHITECT
- Engineering the Company data platforms for scale, performance, reliability and security.
- Analytical thinking and work problems all the way through
- Work with other members of the architecture team to design and build big data capabilities.
- Comfortable with client facing work including some international travel.
- Work with the delivery teams to design and implement data processing pipelines, associated data and database structures and fine tune performance to meet those requirements.
- Work with Infrastructure and DevOps teams to release and maintain live products.
- Participate in establishing processes and best practices around development standards.
- Own the NFRs for a given product area.
- Own the architecture roadmap for a given product area.
- Work with the rest of the team to govern architecture across the organisation.
- Ensuring a professional image of the company and themselves is presented at all times