Wejo is a leader in the connected car market and is shaping the future of mobility. The connected car space is one of the fastest growing sectors in the internet of things industry. Car manufacturers are looking to extend traditional infotainment systems, insurers are seeking a better understanding of risk, users are demanding more feedback and firms are generating increasing amounts of data and require support in understanding its applications and value. We specialise in creating new services and products to help clients make the most of their data and realise its value
We bring together the brightest minds and industry experts with award-winning platform technology and advanced privacy and security to revolutionise the way we live, work and travel using connected car data, insights and analytics.
At Wejo our values drive our culture, shape our interactions and help us to achieve our goals. These values are turned into meaningful behaviours and embody our employees. We are bold, collaborative and responsible.
The Wejo Service Desk is the single point of contact for reporting all internal incidents, problems, and service requests for everyone throughout the organization. Wejo have a mixture of people working in both office and remote locations worldwide, predominantly in the UK and US. The service desk ensures the accessibility and availability of the IT Services across the whole estate within the internally defined service level agreements.
The Service Desk Team Lead will act as the subject matter expert for the Wejo Service Desk and provide hands on technical support to end user across the business. This will be achieved through mentoring and supporting the service desk analysts to ensure the team can deliver a successful and consistent high end service.
A prerequisite for everyone working in Wejo is a high level of personal resilience and the ability to manage changing priorities and complexity well
This job is offered on a hybrid basis with the requirement to come into the offices 2-3 days per week (flexibility on which days work best for you), our HQ is in Manchester City Centre.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED AS A SERVICE DESK TEAM LEAD
- Experience of working in a Service Desk or technical support environment and leading initiatives such as continual service improvement.
- A thorough understanding and knowledge of ITSM principles, practices and systems preferably ServiceNow
- Foundation knowledge of ITIL and service desk procedures.
- Technical knowledge to support operating systems such as Windows and MacOS
- Experience of working with and supporting Active directory. User and group management.
- Experience of working with Office365 applications and cloud-based PaaS or IaaS environments such as AWS, Azure, AWS CloudWatch
- Security principles such as single sign on, multifactor authentication and policies
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING AS A SERVICE DESK TEAM LEAD
- Act as Line Manager and provide mentoring and personal development to all Service Desk analysts. Support the team and its members to log and resolve all incidents, requests and problems associated with the various platforms, ensuring that the end to end life cycle of a ticket is monitored and resolved to a successful outcome within the defined service level agreements.
- Queue management - to manage Service Desk queue and ensuring all outstanding tickets are assigned to resolver groups and actioned appropriately
- Act as the service desk representative between other Technology teams and take ownership of unresolved issues. This will include escalating incidents and working alongside these teams to Provide technical support to the global user base by investigating, diagnosing, and solving computer, software and hardware issues and faults. This includes desktop support from operating systems issues to applications and cloud-based software as a service
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, usage guides, and KBA lists for end users
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency
- Working with Head of IT Operations to ensure that service desk perform within agreed key performance indicators and develop reporting mechanisms on its productivity.
- Asset and technical management of all Wejo assets including licensing, laptops, mobile devices, audio, and visual equipment.
- End to end ownership of the joiners, movers, and leavers process, ensuring all user accounts and access permissions are provisioned, maintained, and decommissioned in line with wejo policies
- Wejo have multiple vendors and suppliers supplying services throughout the business. The service desk is key in managing the relationships with these vendors and working with the other areas in the business to ensure onboarding, renewals and licensing purchases are carried out with no disruption to service.
- Ensuring a professional image of the company and themselves is presented at all times.